Waking up to the sound of rain on the roof is probably one of my favorite things. It's relaxing and keeps the stress of the day at bay.
Eager to attend Trinity Family church again in Gardner, Jon and I made the drive but came in a little late, thus we planted ourselves near the back row (sorry, Nate). Hopefully we won't have that problem at the Homer church since we will live only yards away. If there is one thing I hate doing, it is showing up anywhere late.
I enjoyed the Dr. Seuss themed sermon and appreciated the emphasis Pastor Donnie made on taking care of God's creation. Although I haven't become a full tree-huger yet, my desire is to take care of this planet before its beauty is completely gone. After all, being outside and drinking in the earth's natural beauty is another one of my favorite things to do. I can't imagine what it would be like to look out the window and see only dead or unnatural things surrounding my home.
I sometimes wonder if I'd be most happy living like the Swiss Family Robinsons. Haha.
I was a little sad to leave church early this morning, but wasn't feeling quite as well as I had been all weekend. One of my other favorite things to do is sing and I may have overdone it this morning in church, having just had my wisdom teeth pulled. It didn't help that I intentionally stayed away from the pain meds either. They make me drowsy and I didn't want to fall asleep in the middle of the sermon. Ha!
It's 1:30pm and Jon's having a friend over to help load up the boxes in our garage to take them to storage. Having these out of the way, we'll be able to finish all the other small projects on our house. Our goal is to complete the rest of our little projects this week since Jon will be in modules ALL day beginning next week (for two weeks). We have to get our house on the market asap (so anyone who wants to help won't be turned away!).
I'm also eager to have the ability to clean my house again, too. Living in chaos is difficult and often puts me in a cranky mood. Poor Jon has to put up with me.
As this next week approaches, I pray I have stamina to finish all the projects left to do on the house. Taking 2-3 naps (thank you hydrocodone) every day this weekend has felt great and I have a feeling it'll be hard to go back to my regular routine. Thank you to everyone who has kept us in your prayers. Some days I really believe I'm going crazy. I hope I can hang onto my sanity a little while longer.
I really should challenge myself to look at this experience as an adventure instead of a stressful, annoying, frustrating event.
No comments:
Post a Comment