Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Alone

Reading through my past several blogs and comments on Facebook, you might know I have been struggling with the transition to Homer--the stress of getting packed, fixing the house, not wanting to say goodbye to friends, and not feeling confident to be a pastor's wife.

If you've talked to me in person, my battle has probably been more hidden, although I've shared with many who ask about construction updates.

It's typical for people with my personality to bottle their true emotions (believing no one cares or understands), although inside they're screaming for someone to listen.

This week and next, Jon is taking his last two module classes. He leaves in the morning and I don't see him until 10pm. This means when I get home, I am responsible for completing the projects left on the house--and packing.

All this to say, I've become very weary and feel alone. Today, I came across lyrics to a song a friend posted on Facebook that really impacted me. I realized I've been trying to do everything with my own power and that's why I feel I'm alone and drowning. I'm coming to the point that if I don't trust God to help me in this transition, I'm going to have some kind of emotional breakdown.












I want to share the words with you:

Lean on Me
by Robbie Hiner

When no one cared about me,
If I should live or die,
When no one bothered asking,
Why I'd go alone and cry.
When burdens got so heavy,
That I could not face the day,
Then I'd feel His arms around me,
And I'd hear Him gently say...

Lean on Me, when you have no strength to stand,
And when you feel that you're going under,
Hold tighter to My hand.
Lean on Me, when your heart begins to bleed.
And when you come to the place that I'm all you have,
Then you'll find I'm all you need.

When the road ahead is rugged,
And the path is awful steep,
And I feel that I just can't make it,
My heart begins to weep,
I turn to see who's coming,
Just to join me in the way,
And I can see that it's My Savior!
And I can hear Him gently say...

Lean on Me, when you have no strength to stand,
And when you feel that you're going under,
Hold tighter to My hand.
Lean on Me, when your heart begins to bleed.
And when you come to the place that I'm all you have,
Then you'll find I'm all you need.

2 comments:

  1. These lyrics remind me of the book Hinds Feet on High Places. Good book. If I knew where it was, I'd unpack it and put down the book I'm currently reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the only way to handle all of this. Been there many times myself. We are praying for you.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete