In preparing to chose Sunday's music, I picked up my Bible and opened it to Ephesians 1. Jon will be speaking from this passage.
Paul greets the church and encourages them in their beliefs. He gives them information concerning salvation and the Holy Spirit.
One passage that caught my attention more than the rest had to do with God's power for those who believe (vs 18-21). It's not for the earthly power-hungry person. It speaks of the support we have behind us as Christians: God's power at work in our lives.
"I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength which he exerted in Christ when he raise him from the dead..."
WOW! To think about the kind of power that brings someone back to life--that same power is our support in life. "...his incomparably great power for us who believe." That is our hope. That is our encouragement. When I'm feeling weak in life, I need to remember the power that supports me. Real, tangible power. Not greedy power, but life-giving power. Uplifting power.
I've been taught that I can always pray to Jesus and that He is with me in good and bad times. But this piece of scripture kicks it into perspective. That power is behind me. I should allow this knowledge to shape my confidence in life...my confidence in Christ.
This life lesson causes me to think of Louie Giglio's sermon "How Great is Our God." Here's a quick glimpse of his description of how BIG our God is: Click here.
No comments:
Post a Comment