Sometimes I like to sit an daydream about living in a cabin in the woods. Getting rid of phones, computers, televisions. Welcoming the chirping birds, rushing water, and wind in the trees. Taking a breath. Listening to the silence. Relaxing. Cherishing the simple things instead of being too busy to notice them.
I've seriously considered giving up computers and television for a week to see how much it would affect my day-to-day living. Were it not for the church preparation I do on the computer, I'd instantly hand it all over.
But can you imagine how much of an impact having no computer or TV would have? I'd take time to read a book, play a game, throw some pottery. I might plant a garden, roast a marshmallow, go on a hike.
To sit an think how much time and enjoyment technology sucks out of really living is baffling.
What am I going to do about it?
No comments:
Post a Comment