Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Do These Days Seem A Bit Shorter to You?

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." Romans 7:15

It just dawned on me how much Alaska's darker winters are affecting me. My level of productivity has gone down, especially for someone who doesn't feel good about herself unless she's been productive. I'm typically one of those people who can't sit still because there's always something on my mind that needs to be accomplished. In fact, I often feel guilty for relaxing because I always have a To-Do list.

But for some reason, I find myself laying in bed longer, taking more time to get my day started, finding (lame) excuses to put off my To-Do lists, and retiring earlier.

I've set goals that are not being accomplished and I feel frustrated with myself for allowing this kind of laziness to set in.

Do I need to just start popping a vitamin D pill in my mouth every morning or find a way to scare myself into productivity?

What happened to getting up early to run and read the Bible? What happened to taking a drive to the beach to watch the waves, birds, and mountains? What happened to reading a book in place of watching TV? What happened to making tasty, healthy meals for Jon on my days off? What happened to grocery store shopping and doing the laundry in a timely manor?

Frustration has set in, but will it motivate me enough to make any changes?

Self-discipline.

I want to conquer this life-style corrupted by darkness. Maybe I will shine my light today.

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do."

No comments:

Post a Comment