Eight states down, one to finish. We've been traveling for nearly 12 days. We have two short days to drive and we will be "home."
Tonight we drove through customs into Alaska. We're sleeping in Tok and will rise before the sun to begin our decent to Chugiak.
As much as I want to write an entertaining blog entry for you about the funny things I've seen along the way, I need to sleep. Dad and Jon are already snoring and the hour is getting later. I've uploaded a few photos for you to enjoy in the mean time.
My next internet connection will be in Homer. Thank you for your prayers. God has kept us safe and our vehicles operating all this way.
Tonight we drove through customs into Alaska. We're sleeping in Tok and will rise before the sun to begin our decent to Chugiak.
As much as I want to write an entertaining blog entry for you about the funny things I've seen along the way, I need to sleep. Dad and Jon are already snoring and the hour is getting later. I've uploaded a few photos for you to enjoy in the mean time.
My next internet connection will be in Homer. Thank you for your prayers. God has kept us safe and our vehicles operating all this way.
The van was packed with stuff. We unload and load five suitcases, two backpacks, a cooler, and a safe everyday. It's quite the process.
At a different gas station, I was amused when I came out of the bathroom and noticed the cashier trying to type Jon's credit card into the machine. She was holding a thick magnifying glass to see the buttons. It was almost as if she was dusting the keys for fingerprints. Instead she was creating them.
Mile 0 on the official Alaska Highway in Dawson Creek, BC.
Brilliant autumn colors.
Caribou in BC.
Watson Lake, BC.
Today I was driving out of Haines Junction behind some slow vehicles. It wasn't until I got closer that I realized they were painting the road. No earlier signs were posted. Approximately 2 km down the road, I was pulled over at a rest top, wiping white paint off my wheel wells and fenders.
Notorious frost heaves between Whitehorse and Tok. It's like taking the car into a bouncy house. I really didn't get any good photos to show how bad it was.
Are we really in Alaska? It doesn't seem real. Here we pose right before crossing through customs into Alaska.
No comments:
Post a Comment